Hello, community! In an effort to improve documentation and encourage more people to participate in coding with the Rosetta API, we have added new documentation to help better guide users when building a Rosetta implementation.
We have also made changes to the navigation menu accordingly, including renaming some sections and adding new ones.
We’ve added the following documents to Rosetta API Documentation version 1.4.10:
- How to Write a Configuration File for rosetta-cli Testing — This document guides you through the process of writing a Rosetta API configuration or implementation file. This type of file is necessary to test with the rosetta-cli tool.
- Code Samples for the Rosetta API Configuration File - This document provides code samples for the different objects in a configuration file.
- How to Write a Rosetta DSL file (*.ros) — This document defines the components of a Rosetta DSL file to help you put together workflows for the Construction API.
- How to Disable Complex Checks — You can disable the checks during development, and then enable them later to complete the testing. This document guides you through that process.
- How to Test your Rosetta Implementation — This is a step-by-step guide to help you test your implementation.
We’ve added the following changes to the left menu in Rosetta API Documentation version 1.4.10:
- Product Overview - We moved all of the pre-existing documents in the Getting Started section to this new category. This name better reflects the purpose of the documents listed in it.
- Getting Started - This section houses the new documents How to Write a Configuration File for rosetta-cli Testing and Code Samples for the Rosetta API Configuration File documents. We also moved the existing Reference Implementations document to this section (previously listed in the Ecosystem section, which is now called Repositories).
- Rosetta API Spec - We consolidated the Models, Data API, Construction API and Indexers sections into this new section. We also moved the Full Reference document to this section.
- Testing - This new section includes the new docs How to Test Your Rosetta Implementation, How to Write a Rosetta DSL File, and How to Disable Complex Checks. The rosetta-cli tool document now lives under this section as well, having moved from the old Ecosystem section (now called Repositories).
- Best Practices - We renamed the Expectations section to Best Practices to better represent the purpose of the documents in it.
- Repositories - We renamed the Ecosystem section to Repositories to clarify the purpose of the documents listed under that section.
|Old Navigation Menu||New Navigation Menu|
|Getting Started||Product Overview|
|Models||Rosetta API Spec|
|Construction API||Best Practices|
|Italics - Renamed sections||Bold - New sections|
|Old Section Title||New Section Title|
|Getting Started||Product Overview|
|Models, Data API, Construction API, Indexer API||Rosetta API Spec|
|New Sections Added||New Documents Added|
|Getting Started (new section)||How to Write a Configuration File for rosetta-cli Testing|
|Code Samples for the Rosetta API Configuration File|
|Testing||How to Test your Rosetta API Implementation|
|How to Write a Rosetta DSL file (*.ros)|
|How to Disable Complex Checks|
We published these documents with you in mind. We want to ease the process of creating applications with Rosetta API and testing implementations made with Rosetta API configuration files. Let us know what you liked and what we can improve by replying to this post below. Your comments will help us improve our documentation. Thanks!