Mempool transaction status design

Hi!

Brandon from Coda Protocol here – Could the following be sufficient for operation statuses for transactions inside mempools: Pending , Missing . Specifically Pending means the transaction is still present in the mempool (ie. it hasn’t been removed yet) and Missing means it is no longer present in the mempool (this could be due to it being evicted for one reason or another or being included in a block).

Thanks!

Furthermore, successful=false would make sense for both Pending and Missing right?

Hmm I don’t know what I was thinking! If the transaction is missing from the mempool, then there is no way to query it. Instead I will make this missing state one of the errors.

The question still stands for Pending, however. Is it okay for the one and only operation status for mempool transactions to be Pending?

Thanks for posting a question about the mempool @bkase! Haven’t seen many on the community yet.

Missing means it is no longer present in the mempool (this could be due to it being evicted for one reason or another or being included in a block).

Hmm I don’t know what I was thinking! If the transaction is missing from the mempool, then there is no way to query it. Instead I will make this missing state one of the errors.

I agree with your conclusion regarding Missing transactions here @bkase!

Specifically Pending means the transaction is still present in the mempool (ie. it hasn’t been removed yet)

Furthermore, successful=false would make sense for both Pending and Missing right?

pending with successful=false sounds correct to me here @bkase!

1 Like